[Marxism] Ahmadinejad: US planned to sieze me in Iraq, as Bush pressed for attacks

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 07:51:42 MDT 2008

Fred posts an article with this intro:
"The USG Open Source Center translates an article in Tabnak saying that
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is alleging that the US had planned to
abduct him when he visited Baghdad in March, but that the plan was foiled."

I don't know where one gets such articles from the "USG Open Source Center," but
  there was a much simpler source for this particular news story which comrades
may not have discovered - Iran's English-language PressTV, a quasi-equivalent
(or aspirant, anyway) to CNN or al Jazeerah. An article with very similar
content (not the exact article) appeared there yesterday:

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail.aspx?id=60724&sectionid=351020101

If you monitor RSS feeds, one of the things I like about PressTV is that its RSS
feed is continuously updated, as opposed to Google News and Yahoo News, two
other good sources of information, but both of which update their RSS feed only
once or twice a day.