[Marxism] The war-loving Ms. Rice

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 19:39:24 MDT 2008

Thanks to Jonathan Schwarz over at This Modern World
(http://www.thismodernworld.com/) for this:

Here are some statements by Ms. Rice in the lead up to the invasion of Iraq:

     “I think he [then Secretary of State Colin Powell] has proved that Iraq has
these weapons and is hiding them, and I don’t think many informed people doubted
that.” (NPR, Feb. 6, 2003)

     “We need to be ready for the possibility that the attack against the U.S.
could come in some form against the homeland, not necessarily on the battlefield
against our forces. And I think there, too, is an area where the American people
need to be better prepared by our leadership. … It’s clear that Iraq poses a
major threat. It’s clear that its weapons of mass destruction need to be dealt
with forcefully, and that’s the path we’re on. I think the question becomes
whether we can keep the diplomatic balls in the air and not drop any, even as we
move forward, as we must, on the military side.” (NPR, Dec. 20, 2002)

     “I think the United States government has been clear since the first Bush
administration about the threat that Iraq and Saddam Hussein poses. The United
States policy has been regime change for many, many years, going well back into
the Clinton administration. So it’s a question of timing and tactics…We do not
necessarily need a further Council resolution before we can enforce this and
previous resolutions. (NPR, Nov. 11, 2002)

Of course, this sounds like Condoleezza Rice. But in fact all those quotes are
from Susan Rice, Assistant Secretary of State in the Clinton administration and
now part of Obama’s newly formed “Senior Working Group on National Security.”
The quotes are from an examination of the Working Group done by the Institute
for Public Accuracy, here.

http://accuracy.org/newsrelease.php?articleId=1737