[Marxism] RAILWAY GAZETTE: Cuban diesels shipped from China

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Sun Jun 22 02:01:43 MDT 2008

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 01:24:11 +0200 (MES), Lüko Willms wrote:

  Correction on this one:

> > The first 11 of 40 type DF7G-C diesel-electric locomotives ordered
> > from China Northern's February 7th Locomotive Works in Beijing were
> > shipped from the Chinese port of Tianjin on June 12.
>
>   This actually happened in December 2005. See this article from
Granma

  I got confused by the term "the first". The first ones of this type of
locomotive was delivered in December 2005, but this one of June 12 must
be the first batch of a new order.

  This paragraph from the Railway Gazette's article did not achieve to
enter in my conscious mind:

 "CNR said a previous batch of 12 type DF7G-C locomotives are 'running
well' in the hot and humid conditions in Cuba, where they had been
'warmly welcomed by Cuban people.'"

Comradely yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany