[Marxism] Is Lebanon on the verge of a new fighting?

yossi schwartz ssschwartz8 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 15:58:50 MDT 2008

Walter
You are giving  yourself the evidence that Hezbollah is committed to
capitalism.  To begin with it is not a working class party but a populist
movement. In  this world in this epoch either a socio-political  movement is
  fighting  for  working class revolution  or it supports capitalism.
Nationalism is a bourgeois ideology.  The outlook of the working class is
not left nationalism but internationalism.

Secondly Lebanon is a capitalist state. The Seniora government is not only a
capitalist government but a pro imperialist government. Yet Hezbollah has
joined this government.

What you are saying about Israel is very true. We the few Marxists who live
in Israel are facing this very harsh reality and terrible social isolation.
Israel is a colonialist settle colony that to be a Marxist in such a society
it means you have to go 100 percent against the stream  and pay a high price
for being a revolutionary Marxist and may be because of it we understand
some things you do not.

Racism is ideology and by itself it can not explains social reality.
Privileges  as an explanation are much more to the point. But may I ask
about the privileges you enjoy?