[Marxism] the FISA "compromise" as full-scale assault on US Constitution

Dbachmozart at aol.com Dbachmozart at aol.com
Sun Jun 22 22:13:30 MDT 2008

"Obama's support for the FISA "compromise""
There are many important  lessons from yesterday's announcement that he now
supports a warrantless  eavesdropping and telecom amnesty bill

Glenn Greenwald

_http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/06/21/obama/index.html_
(http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/06/21/obama/index.html)

clip -

What Barack Obama did here was wrong and destructive. He's supporting a  bill
that is a full-scale assault on our Constitution and an endorsement of the
premise that our laws can be broken by the political and corporate elite
whenever the scary specter of The Terrorists can be invoked to justify it.  What's
more, as a Constitutional Law Professor, he knows full well what a  radical
perversion of our Constitution this bill is, and yet he's supporting it  anyway.
Anyone who sugarcoats or justifies that is doing a real disservice to  their
claimed political values and to the truth.

"The world is a dangerous place to live, not  because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do  anything about it." - Albert
Einstein