[Marxism] Is Lebanon on the verge of a new fighting?

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 24 19:58:35 MDT 2008

Mike,

If we leave aside the rigid and formulaic manner that Yossi , we can
certainly look at the history, recent and not so recent, of parties and
organizations offering resistance to advanced capitalism on a national, or
religious, or popular, but not class specific basis.  And I think it would
be quite correct to draw the conclusion that if those organizations don't
change, or are not dramatically changed by their most conscious, left-wing
elements,  and adopt such a class specific basis, then they do become if not
obstacles and enemies,  then certainly drags on the struggle.

We need only look, for example, at Arafat and the PLO.   We can look further
back to the MNR in Bolivia.

Certainly the task is not to simply condemn those organizations, but to
recognize their limitations and what needs to be done to support and advance
the movement beyond those limitations.