[Marxism] Obama goes soft on NAFTA (Practical Utopian)

Jeffrey Ewing sharkofgod at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 15:09:58 MDT 2008

Obama, it seems, has been completely co-opted by Mammon, if he hasn't already.  In addition to backtracking on NAFTA, he's asked Jason Furman, prominent defender of Wal-Mart, to be his chief economic advisor.  After using her Wal-Mart past to attack Hillary, Obama said that he 'wouldn't shop at Wal-Mart' . . . but I suppose he just meant he wouldn't buy cheap, foreign-sweatshop-made goods there, and didn't mean that he wouldn't shop for an advisor there.  Also, in the words of Naomi Klein, "He chose as his chief economic adviser Austan Goolsbee, a University of
Chicago economist on the left side of a spectrum that stops at the
center-right."  For more elaborate quotes regarding this issue, I urge you to go to my blog:
http://practicalutopian.wordpress.com/2008/06/25/et-tu-barack/

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof. " - V, "V for Vendetta"

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point, however, is to change it” - Karl Marx