[Marxism] Bolton: Israel 'will attack Iran' before new USpresident in office, especially if it's Obama

Ruthless Critic of All that Exists ok.president+marxml at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 19:24:41 MDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 8:34 PM, S. Artesian <sartesian at earthlink.net> wrote:

> In 2002, net income of the petroleum majors declined from the 2001 level due
> to an oversupply of natural gas and natural gas liquids.  And we got the
> invasion of Iraq in 2003.
>
> In 2007-2008, net income for US industry, and the rate of return for all US
> manufacturing outside the petroleum companies declined.  So..... draw your
> own conclusion.

Correlation is not causation.

Also, some sectors of US capital were happy with the prospect of Iraq
invasion as it meant contracts for them for the reconstruction of
Iraq. In case of Iran, however, this is unlikely to be the case, as no
long-term physical occupation is likely being planned, and Iran will
probably give infrastructure reconstruction contracts, if any, to
Russia, China etc.  after (if) it is air-stricken.