[Marxism] Bolton: Israel 'will attack Iran' before new USpresident in office, especially if it's Obama

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 26 21:01:44 MDT 2008

I thought I was done with this, but I realized that I hadn't read all of
Marvin's epistle.  So I beg indulgence here.

First, I would like Marvin, he of the direct quotes, to point out where I
stated in this thread that the US would definitely attack Iran.  I did say,
back in 2001 that the US would definitely invade Iraq, and that after that,
would be drawn inexorably into a war with Iran.  But where in this thread
did I say that?

But here's the real kicker.  Marvin asks:

"The bourgeoisie prefers order and stability to disorder and destruction.
It's in the business of making money, and money can be made more reliably in
peace than in war, when the outcome is uncertain. Haliburton and some other
roach contractors may have benefited, but you think Wall Street and the
ruling class as a whole has benefited from the outlay on the Iraq war? Be
more specific."

Marvin's statement is bunk.  Sometimes the bourgeoisie prefers to make money
in peace, and sometimes that is a reliable away.  But sometimes it is not.
Then sometimes the bourgeoisie makes its money in war, and finds war to be a
reliable source of profits.   And usually the bourgeoisie does both and all
and all at the same time, so that peace and war really look the same, like
they did to the Yugoslavs during the reign of the enlightened Clinton, or
the Somalis.

You want proof?  Geez, did US corporations benefit from WW2 or not?  Did
they make money from Vietnam or not.  Or let's answer Marvin's next
question.  Do I think Wall Street and the ruling class as a whole benefited
from the outlay on the Iraq War.   I sure do and the numbers prove it.  Look
at corporate profits, rates of return on investment after 2003, and look at
the record years of bank earnings... Now you might want to state-- "Oh that
wasn't due to the war"  to which I can only say-- look again, these, war,
tax breaks, oil prices, restricted capital investment, declining dollar, not
just parts of the whole, but the whole; the whole being capitalism.

The fact that Marvin can't see the money Wall Street has made hand over fist
with the war, the destruction of Iraq, the increase in oil prices, says it
all.

No need for further comment from me on this. Others are welcome to have at
it.