[Marxism] Arthur Silber: Why I Will Happily See Most of You Roast in Hell

Dbachmozart at aol.com Dbachmozart at aol.com
Fri Jun 27 11:15:28 MDT 2008

clip --

Still, the fact remains that only protest on a massive scale -- protest  that
would be impossible to ignore, despite the efforts of the ruling class and
our deeply corrupt media to erase all inconvenient facts and _all crucial moral
considerations_
(http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/2006/10/missing-moral-center-murdering.html)  from our national  discussion -- has even the slimmest
chance of delaying or stopping what may be  the coming destruction and
rearrangement of much of the world, including the  United States. Given the
widespread ignorance and sloth of the American public,  such protest would have to be
preceded by an educational campaign, one that  would provide Americans with the
basic facts they require to understand how _eternally unforgivable an attack
on Iran would be in the present  circumstances_
(http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/2006/04/morality-humanity-and-civilization.html) .

But as I have explained in many essays, going  back to February 2007 when _I
laid out some steps_
(http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/2007/02/dispatch-from-germany-summer-of-1939_26.html)  for just such an educational  campaign,
those basic facts are not that complicated. The problem is the blanket  of
silence on this subject, the same blanket that suffocates our national debate  and
restricts our discussions to a profoundly, _shockingly immoral, narrow range
of permissible  opinion_
(http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/2007/11/regrettable-misjudgments-shocking.html) . We are dying -- and we may be about to
become bringers of  death on a scale the world has rarely seen -- because almost no
one has the  courage to speak forcefully, loudly and often enough on those
matters that ought  to concern us the most, if that is, we revere human life and
give a damn about  yet another chapter in our nation's continuing campaign of
murder and  mayhem.

Over the last several months, the signs have been continually  mounting that
an attack on Iran will come before the Bush administration leaves  office. The
Republicans and the conservatives obviously have no objection: this  is what
they want. And what have the Democrats been saying and doing? Nothing --
except, as just one example, _running to AIPAC_
(http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/2008/06/why-most-people-wont-fight-take-back.html)  to assure everyone
that the Democrats  too will make certain that Iran acts as we demand, because we
demand it, because  we have the unquestionable, inherent right to demand it,
because _we are God on Earth_
(http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/2007/05/songs-of-death.html) . You will do as the United States  orders -- or you, and
possibly the rest of the world, will suffer the  consequences.

full --   <
_http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/2008/06/why-i-will-happily-see-most-of-you.html_
(http://powerofnarrative.blogspot.com/2008/06/why-i-will-happily-see-most-of-you.html) >