[Marxism] The Big Bang Theory

Paul Gallagher pgallagher4 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 10:44:16 MDT 2008

There are some other models in addition to the ekpyrotic model.

Wikipedia lists these:
"*the Hartle-Hawking no-boundary condition in which the whole of space-time
is finite; the Big Bang does represent the limit of time, but without the need
for a singularity.
*brane cosmology models in which inflation is due to the movement of
branes in string theory; the pre-big bang model; the ekpyrotic model, in
which the Big Bang is the result of a collision between branes; and the
cyclic model, a variant of the ekpyrotic model in which collisions
occur periodically.
*chaotic inflation, in which inflation events start here and there in a random
quantum-gravity foam, each leading to a bubble universe expanding from its
own big bang."

There is some more detail about brane cosmology models here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_Model

Paul