[Marxism] "Hugo Chavez faces political crisis as allies desert him"

Ruthless Critic of All that Exists ok.president+marxml at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 21:43:20 MDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 11:04 PM, Fred Feldman
<ffeldman at bellatlantic.net> wrote:

> Loss of allies is given as national democratic revolutions proceed and as
> class aspects of it come more to the fore, as the must at some point.

Yes, but...

> Under Mr Chavez, Venezuela's government has become a one-man show. He takes
> almost every decision himself, working into the early hours, scrawling his
> signature on official papers. His ministers are powerless. Mr Chavez no
> longer chairs cabinet meetings, delegating that task to his vice-president.

If the above paragraph is true, this is not a good thing. Even if
there are loss of "allies", the revolution should not become
over-centralized in one individual. That is not unhealthy.

Of course, I don't know whether "Venezuela's government has become a
one-man show. He takes almost every decision himself" is true or
simply bourgeois propaganda.