[Marxism] Israel is a death trap for the Israel working class

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 29 20:32:19 MDT 2008

"I'm for a democratic, secular, unitary state without special
rights, special privileges or special advantages for anyone."

SUKANT CHANDON sent me this thoughtful note:
To reverse the gross injustices of Zionism sine 1947, there's gonna
have to be special rights and privileges for the the indigenous Arabs
who were dispossessed.

The other point is that a liberated and unified Palestinian state may
not be secular, it maybe a Islamic Republic, which doesnt necessarily
mean that it will be any less Just than a secular one. These following
words of Uri Avnery are interesting in this regard:

"Every honest Jew who knows the history of his people cannot but feel
a deep sense of gratitude to Islam, which has protected the Jews for
fifty generations, while the Christian world persecuted the Jews and
tried many times "by the sword" to get them to abandon their faith."

ciao
Sukant

     "Cuba - Un Paraíso bajo el bloqueo"