[Marxism] Stating obvious, SADC says Zimbabwe vote not will of people

Ruthless Critic of All that Exists ok.president+marxml at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 20:36:22 MDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 7:32 AM, S. Artesian <sartesian at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> Would you, did you, support UN actions against Hussein in Iraq because of
> his violations of "democratic rights"?  I am sure you did not.  So why
> accept those actions against Zimbabwe?

Shouldn't this depend on *what* the proposed actions are? If the
actions consist of such things as diplomatic de-recognition, freezing
foreign bank accounts, etc, that will hurt the Mugabe-associated elite
but not the common people. Why shouldn't that be supported?

Sanctions of the Iraq kind would hurt common people and should not be supported.

it all depends on the concrete actions that are proposed.