[Marxism] hacker balls Was: Marx & Engels ebooks

Craig Brozefsky craig at red-bean.com
Wed Apr 1 00:27:00 MDT 2009

JC Helary <brandelune at gmail.com> writes:

> On mercredi 01 avr. 09, at 13:12, Craig Brozefsky wrote:
>
> And maybe after googling you could actually read the papers.
>
> Basically the papers show that BT trackers can be manipulated to
> redirect massive BT requests to _any_ port of _any_ site.

Understood, however...

If you are running a legit seeder and/or tracker on that host, it is
more expensive to discard said traffic (fragment requests or tracker
requests) at your border router, which is where you need to be dealing
with the DDoS attack.  You need to do stateful packet filtering with a
custom signature -- which is not exactly standard with web hosting
service.

I'm done on this.  I should not have been such a dick when pointing
out the papers. Sorry AA.  Let's all be communist hacker pals.

--
Sincerely, Craig Brozefsky              <craig at red-bean.com>