[Marxism] (no subject)

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Apr 1 16:02:25 MDT 2009

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 14:47:05 -0700 (PDT)
milongonsinga <milongonsinga at yahoo.com> wrote:

> As I recall, national health insurance wasn't on the table before his election.

Romneycare -- that is, forcing people to buy health insurance --
certainly was, and that's what the current proposals amount to, as far as
I can see. Corrections welcome.

> Withdrawal from Iraq (however flawed) wasn't on the table.

Nor is it now.

> The end to these ICE raids weren't on the table.

"End"? Please.

http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/immigration/2009/03/ice-raids-is-there-a-policy-change.html:

"ICE Raids: Is there a policy change?

 Spencer S. Hsu writes for the Washington Post:

 Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has delayed a series of
 proposed immigration raids and other enforcement actions at U.S.
 workplaces in recent weeks, asking agents in her department to apply
 more scrutiny to the selection and investigation of targets as well
 as the timing of raids, federal officials said."

>  The
> Black Panther Party railed against police brutality and established
> breakfast programs because this is what mattered to the people. In
> the process, thousands became radicalized.

And radicals could still do that, if they wanted -- Obama or no
Obama.

--

Michael Smith
mjs at smithbowen.net