[Marxism] YADL (Yet another disillusioned liberal)

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 2 07:55:23 MDT 2009

That's the second use of  the phrase "faith-based generalizations" as a
rejoinder and non-response to a question  about what happened to all that
enthusiasm surrounding the election of Obama, when in fact it is/was just
such enthusiasm that was faith-based and has now created its opposite
identity-- despair.  And those questions, what happened and why so glum
chum, were put to those who expressed, in varying degrees, that enthusiasm.

So to the critical critics who talk about faith based generalizations, I
must respond-- Critics, criticize yourself.

I wasn't the one expressing despair, or "wincing" over the current state of
class struggle, over the workers' class consciousness.  That despair and
wincing was, is being done by those who had previously demonstrated their
faith not in the class opposition to the faux glee following the election of
Obama, but just the reverse-- in the "possibilities" created, catalyzed, by
that election.

And indeed, Mr. Lause still has faith, only faith now couched in the
cautious,  hedged vocabulary of "We'll see"  and "Never say never."     And
that is supposed to represent historical, material analyis of the "dynamic"
processes of society.   Rot.