[Marxism] Restless Conscience

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Apr 2 09:08:10 MDT 2009

Despite my interest in films (Sophie Scholl, The White Rose, The Black
Book) that illustrate German resistance to Hitler, I lacked the
motivation to see “Valkyrie”, a movie that NYFCO colleague Armond White
regarded as “intellectually insulting”. Fortunately, there is an
alternative. You can now rent “The Restless Conscience: Resistance to
Hitler in Nazi Germany” from Netflix, a documentary that features
survivors of the plot to kill Hitler as well as the wives of some of the
martyrs to the cause. Since the movie was made in 1992, this is the only
record we have of their testimony since most of the interviewees are
likely now deceased.

full: http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2009/04/02/restless-conscience/