[Marxism] "Communist" led strike in 1980s in biggest US shipyard?

nada dwaltersMIA at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 11:51:56 MDT 2009

Yes, you missed it then. NASSCO (two 'S', not one, my mistake) was the
seen of walkouts, wildcat strikes, etc. I don't actually know if the
Iron Workers or IAM actually hit the bricks officially, but it was close
to it. Wild shit really.

NASSCO was one of about 4 shipyards in the US that employed over 10,000
workers each. The other three were Avondale in NOLO, Todd in San Pedro,
PA, and Newport News Shipbuilding & Drydock Company in VA which was the
largest in the US. There may of been others close to it, I don't know.
The Baath Iron Workers also had a big work force but I don't think it
was that big. This doesn't include the Federal Navy Shipyards most of
which have now closed.

David