[Marxism] "Communist" led strike in 1980s in biggest US shipyard?

Tom Cod tcod at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 2 14:19:43 MDT 2009

I guess I missed that, but then again I was living at the opposite end of the Coast in Seattle.  The ILWU cannery workers union I belonged to in that period had a leadership that had certain Marxist views (two of their leaders were murdered by the ousted organized crime clique in 1981), being at one time loosely affiliated with Irwin Silber's Line of March, but they didn't wear that on their sleeve.