[Marxism] When Is An Anti-Semite Not An Anti-Semite?

Néstor Gorojovsky nmgoro at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 19:51:49 MDT 2009

2009/4/3 Jim Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com>:

> On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 07:52:55 -0700 Eli Stephens
> <elishastephens at hotmail.com> writes:
>>
>> "Desperate to promote Israeli Government policy, the Australian
>> Jewish establishment has resorted to calling all kinds of people
>> anti-Semites — even Jews"

> Then you have the case of Judea Pearl
> (yes, the father of the murdered journalist
> Daniel Pearl), who
> argued in an op-ed in the LA Times
> that anti-Zionism is worse than
> antisemitism. (See:
> http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/sunday/commentary/la-oe-pearl15-2009m
> ar15,0,2362924.story)
>
> That notion was always implicit in Zionism going all the
> way back to Theodor Herzl, who was a friend of
> the French antisemitic agitator, Edouard Drumont.
> (Drumont published a very favorable review of
> Herzl's *The Jewish State* in his newspaper,
> "La Libre Parole").
>
> And over the years, Zionists have been more than
> willing to play footsie with a wide variety of
> antisemites, including the Nazis.

In fact, the position stems from the basic standing of Zionism that
the Jewish personality can be built around loyalty to Israel, only. A
couple of years ago I was much astonished at seeing this bluntly
expressed in the advertising postings in a Jewish school at Buenos
Aires where I had gone to do some red tape on behalf of my mother.
They read something like "Asegurar una formación judía a partir de
Eretz Israel", that is "Ensuring a Jewish upbringing centered on Eretz
Israel". In fact, the wording was more blunt, but I don´t recall it
now.
--

Néstor Gorojovsky
El texto principal de este correo puede no ser de mi autoría