[Marxism] Comments from directors

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Apr 12 06:07:52 MDT 2009

One of the best things about writing movie reviews on the Internet is
that it allows you to hear from the directors, even when their comments
are unsolicited:

This is from the director of "Forbidden Lie$", the Australian movie
about the Jordanian-American con artist who wrote a book about an honor
killing that did not happen:

Hi Louis - thanks for the insights and for opening the film up to a
fascinating and much needed debate. I hope everyone above goes to see
the film! I also hope it gives pause to those in America who continue to
push for an interventionist approach to Middle Eastern affairs. We have
our own crimes of passion to worry about. The stinking hypocrisy of the
West is one of the reasons I made the film.

anna

This is from the director of "Guest of Cindy Sherman", the guy who lived
with the artist:

Your review was a pleasure to read, and I feel you understand what Tom
Donahue and I had at least attempted to communicate. Love has a rough
road in the high school of adulthood.

Paul H-O

I don't ever expect, of course, to hear from the directors the movies I
rip, but who would want to!