[Marxism] Tactics in Counterinsurgency (U.S. Army F.M.I. 3-24.2)

Politicus E. epoliticus at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 11:32:29 MDT 2009

I wish to praise the editor(s) of M.R. Zine for publishing a link to
this U.S. Army field guide on their website.  It is my view that the
Marxists appear to pay insufficient attention to such field guides:
reading such material, in many cases, clearly discloses the theorizing
of important factions of the bourgeoisie at least as much as sources
such as the Financial Times and the Wall Street Journal.  (An earlier
edition of 3-24.2 appears to have been the U.S. Army/Marines
Counterinsurgency Field Manual.  See http://tinyurl.com/cyrnqc).

I do not suggest this as an endorsement of adventurism, I merely claim
that we must be more attentive to these political realities of
imperialism.  It is also, for me, interesting to observe the implicit
appreciation of Maoist theory by the authors of this field guide.

--
"In the tender annals of Political Economy, the idyllic reigns from
time immemorial ... the present year of course always excepted."

http://epoliticus.wordpress.com/