[Marxism] Callinicos reacts to the NPA

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Wed Apr 15 08:13:55 MDT 2009

Paddy Apling wrote:
> This makes me wonder why the list system makes it so difficult to send a
> reply off-list ....  The Reply All button merely comes up with the list
> address, instead of the list address + sender's address, which would allow
> one easily to eliminate the list as recipient....
>
> Perhaps Les could comment ?

we do this so that the vast majority of the replies do not require an
explicit change of destination.

i dont think there is a way to configure Mailman to allow both the
original sender and the list to appear in the reply when hitting
Reply-All, but i'll check to see what is possible after work today.

i believe the easiest thing is to require nothing for the vast majority
of replies.

subscribers might be interested to note there is a lot of opinion on how
mailing lists should handle this, for example:

   http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.mhtml

Les