[Marxism] Callinicos reacts to the NPA

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Wed Apr 15 08:19:29 MDT 2009

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:00:07 +0100 Paddy Apling wrote:

> This makes me wonder why the list system makes it so difficult to send a
> reply off-list ....  The Reply All button merely comes up with the list
> address, instead of the list address + sender's address, which would allow
> one easily to eliminate the list as recipient....

  This is not a problem of the list system, but a problem of the email program
which you happen to use (Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6001.18000).

  The one which I use offers me on Reply the choice of replying to the list
(which is recorded in the Reply-To header line) and to the author of the
message (which in this case was your personal address).

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:13:55 -0400 Les Schaffer wrote:

> i dont think there is a way to configure Mailman to allow both the
> original sender and the list to appear in the reply when hitting
> Reply-All, but i'll check to see what is possible after work today.

  The list processor can't solve the problems of Microsoft Windows Mail,
whatever that might be. I have never heard of it.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany