[Marxism] US Has Won a Huge Victory!

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 16 09:27:43 MDT 2009

David: " S. Artisian's speculation may well be right. We'll never really know, I suspect."

Considering that the Somalis *inside* the cabin had an AK-47, and whether he was "threatening the captain's life" (about which I'm more than skeptical) or not, the likelihood of somehow surprising him with a sneak boarding of the ship itself and slitting his throat is, to put it mildly, unlikely.

And I ask you the same question I asked before: how on earth is it "better" for the U.S. to have killed them with sharpshooters rather than Navy SEALs with knives or some such? Of course the U.S. military lies all the time, such as in this case, the dubious story that the one Somali was "threatening the life of the captain" and they "had to make a split-second decision." But that doesn't mean they have to lie about every detail for no reason whatsoever.

I'm not accusing either of you of anything, but that's precisely the same line of thinking that leads to the "9-11 truth movement." It's HIGHLY likely the government lied about some details of what happened on 9/11, such as the fact that Cheney was in charge and the "threat to Bush" was concocted to keep him out of the loop. It's POSSIBLE (although I don't subscribe to this theory) that Flight 93 was indeed shot down. But people leap from the fact that there were, or may well have been, SOME lies or coverup, to the conclusion that therefore EVERYTHING was a lie. There's no scientific justification for such a leap.

Sharpshooters are one thing that we know the U.S. military very definitely has. Thousands of Iraqis are in the ground as testament to that fact.

Eli Stephens
 Left I on the News
 http://lefti.blogspot.com