[Marxism] Document of the Bolivarian Alternative for the Peoples of Our Americas (ALBA) countries for the 5th Summit of the Americas

CPIML Liberation cpimllib at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 04:17:37 MDT 2009

Cumaná, April 17, 2009

The heads of state and governments of Bolivia, Cuba, Dominica,
Honduras, Nicaragua and Venezuela, member countries of ALBA, consider
that the proposed Declaration of the 5th Summit of the Americas is
insufficient and unacceptable for the following reasons:

- It offers no answers to the issue of the Global Economic Crisis,
despite the fact that this constitutes the largest challenge faced by
humanity in decades and the most serious threat in the current epoch
to the wellbeing of our peoples.

- Unjustifiably excludes Cuba in a criminal manner, without mentioning
the general consensus that exists in the region in favour of
condemning the blockade and the isolation attempts, which its people
and government have incessantly objected to.

For these reasons, the member countries of ALBA consider that
consensus does not exist in favour of adopting this proposed
declaration and in light of the above; we propose to have a
thoroughgoing debate over the following issues:....rest at
http://boliviarising.blogspot.com/2009/04/document-of-bolivarian-alternative-for.html