[Marxism] meaning of labor time in Capital

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 20 09:50:43 MDT 2009

Maybe it's narcissim on my part, but I suspect that Cloke thinks he's
replying to me.

I hereby pledge to never pledge to never reply again to a troll...

In reference to the 19th century domestic laborers, or the domestic laborers
of the 20th century, or 21st century, or the servants of the 19th, 18th,
17th, 20th, 21st centuries--  they are not workers creating capital.

Now I realize that this distinction might be a bit too much nuance for the
likes our bloke Cloke to grasp, he of the first life with 7 million avatars,
but it is that precise social specificity that defines both capital and
wage-labor, creates the conditions of the class struggle, and brings the
inherent conflict within capital-- between the means of production and the
property relations that surround them -- to the fore as revolution.

As I said, Marx is not making a moral distinction, a sentimental
classification, but a social one-- like the distinction between a product
and a commodity.