[Marxism] Brad DeLong's "Understanding Marx" lecture

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Tue Apr 21 09:22:39 MDT 2009

I disagree about DeLong being stupid.  He is not.  I think he is very smart.

It might be worse, in a sense -- a form of cognitive dissonance.

Intelligent people often get caught up in a narrow way of thinking that makes
them unable to see things that don't fit in with there scheme.  Brad is a left of
center economist (remember, we have our own metric of such things), but he interprets
Marx in a way that reinforces his own way of thinking.

Ideological barriers are virtually impermiable.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321