[Marxism] China Influence Grows With Car Sales

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 21 14:33:30 MDT 2009

Obviously, that's good news for the bourgeoisie, and I'm sure it's why stock
markets all over the world have ticked up, including the Shanghai index that
is up 34% from its lows, which means its only down 33% from its previous
highs.

Our friend Lueko upplays car sales as if they are an index to China closing
the gap on the US,  becoming a new center of economic gravity for.... what?
Foreign investment?  Nope, that seems to be on the decline.  Industrial
profit?  Nope, that seems to be on the decline.  Increased wages for
workers?  No indication of that is there really?  The data seems pretty
opaque.   Increasing employment?  I don't know comrade, latest tally I saw
showed 75,000 factories closing in the Quangdong and 20 milllion out of 120
million migrant workers unemployed with no prospects other than returning to
the village.  And there is the report that 6 million students graduating
universities this year will not find employment.

Maybe agricultural incomes and increased rural consumption?  Nope,
agricultural incomes over the long term have been stagnant, and after the
food price inflation of 2007, agricultural  incomes are back to about $700
per person per year.

Hmmh... maybe fixed asset investment?  Yep, that seems to be cruising right
along, and like much of fixed asset investment in developed countries, it
has a big real estate component.   Sounds to me like a bubble has been
pushed to the East.