[Marxism] "Cheney slams Obama again" and extensive introductory comments by me

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Apr 22 13:44:04 MDT 2009

Fred Feldman wrote:
> Given that, it is simply scientifically false and politically less than
> worthless to pretend that on the issues of imperialist war with Iran,
> boycott of Cuba, or how to oppose the revolutionary processes and tendencies
> to greater independence in Latin America, there is not a lesser evil at the
> moment. The opening may not last long, but while it does, I see no benefit
> from acting as though it does not exist on "principle".
>
> What tactics should be adopted given that fact is a legitimate subject for
> debate. But to deny the reality is simply to step away from the real world.

Nobody (except maybe Michael Smith) believes that Obama is not a "lesser
evil". But accepting that he is, what political consequences does that
have for radicals? Are we supposed to vote for Democrats in the next
congressional elections in order to strengthen Obama's hands? Or are we
simply obligated to "make the record" that Obama is not as evil as Bush?
Okay, I'll make the record: Obama is not as evil as Bush. But as far as
voting for Democrats is concerned, they can still kiss my ass.