[Marxism] Eating is not over-consumption

Waistline2 at aol.com Waistline2 at aol.com
Thu Apr 23 13:29:29 MDT 2009

In a message dated 4/23/2009 2:28:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
sartesian at earthlink.net writes:

It is not neo-Malthusian, but plain old Malthusian to argue that there  are
too many people on the planet, that the planet has some sort of fixed
"carrying capacity" based on limitations not known, not calculated, not
verfiable, based in fact on the limitations generated by the class nature
of
capitalism.

The issues are not population and consumption.

Comment

The better part of a decade later, after our initial discussions, I  have
come to better understand that "carrying capacity" is a totally bourgeois
concept that seeks to cloak the carrying capacity of capital, as a given
movement of wage labor and capital; and as moments, as capital metabolizes
labor and in an epochal curve, decrease the overall labor imputes and  drives
value to its historical limitation.  Capital loses its carrying  capacity but
this appears to the bourgeoisie as the lose of the carrying  capacity of the
earth.

A primer on this matter of carrying capacity is located here:
_http://www.gocatgo.com/texts/population.html_
(http://www.gocatgo.com/texts/population.html)
Human population and ecology.

It is noted that this article was written a few years after the initial
discussions on this list.

WL.

**************Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219799634x1201361008/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
eclick.net%2Fclk%3B214133440%3B36002254%3Bj)