[Marxism] Eating is not over-consumption

nada dwaltersMIA at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 14:05:38 MDT 2009

Look, one should be specific. S. Artesian is correct in this:

"The issues are not population and consumption."

Of course it begs a question, er, an answer anyway.

Not, it's not about population and consumption, it's about production
and how we do it.

Shane is big into mixing metaphors. It's not about

"consumption of
what? There can be no overconsumption of current renewable output." What
are we talking about? We don't "consume" soil, we "use it". It's HOW
it's used that is important or, whether something we can consume is in
fact made to be renewable. Most things are renewed more than people
suspect, like Shane's mentioning of 'minerals'. Steel, copper, kinds of
plastics, etc can be made to be recycled and effectively 'renewed'.

Food can be too if proper soil fertility practices are employed. Water
and a host of other important items. So what we are talking about is
"How" not "How Much", we produce.

David