[Marxism] Eating is not over-consumption

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Apr 23 20:04:30 MDT 2009

On Apr 23, 2009, at 9:50 PM, Mark Lause wrote:

> There are Lenin quotes on the floor...
When you're talking about "withering away" you're talking about
Lenin.  And Lenin was writing *theory*.  *Marxian* theory.
> How far into the future do we think Lenin was capable of channeling
> accurately?...
Lenin was writing in anticipation of the *immediate* future.
>  And certainly there were some snags
> in this whole withering-of-the-state process a bit closer to home for
> him, weren't there?

Those "snags" were the defeat of the international proletarian
revolution and the consequent defeat within Russia of the communist
endeavors to create a "state of a new type" and to "abolish capitalism."

Shane Mage