[Marxism] Eating is not over-consumption

Waistline2 at aol.com Waistline2 at aol.com
Fri Apr 24 11:16:32 MDT 2009

In a message dated 4/24/2009 10:42:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
sartesian at earthlink.net writes:

Removing that capitalism removes that  necessity.  It doesn't mean all
problems immediately disappear.   It means the NECESSITY to continuously
reproduce those problems on a greater  scale disappears.

There is no "unto itself" necessity to deplete fish  stocks-- to have "too
many poles in the water" to use Barry's quaint  image.

Comment

This seems to mean - to me, that the bourgeois organization of commercial
fishing as an industry and profit center, reproduces in a widening scale
depletion rather than "too many poles in the water." This bourgeois
organization  of commercial fishing, (fishing for profits one might say), deploys
various  methods and techniques in sinking its nets into the ocean of probable
profitability and this might perhaps have something to do with exacerbating
depletion of various fishing stock, on a widening scale.

To solve the problem of depletion and then restocking requires that the
impulses driving depletion be stopped. Economic impulse must be considered is
shaping a solution to depletion. The solution would to over fishing would
seem  to be found in "stop doing it."  That is to stop the huge commercial
fleets  and reorganize the entire arena of fishing to correspond with our
increasing understanding and desire to restore nature's spontaneous bounty in a
 way that corresponds with our growing awareness of our impact on nature.

Much is involved in any solution to a society problem, including overcoming
 ignorance and bad habits as ritual behavior. However, to effect a long
term  solution to a society problem, one must try and locate that, which is
fundamental to reproducing the problem in a widening scope.

Did the old Soviets over fish "their waters?" Let's assume that they did
for the moment. The solution remains the same: "stop doing it." Does that
mean  that over fishing by say the Soviets was driven by the same economic
impulses?  Of course not.

WL.

**************The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221421330x1201417418/aol?redi