[Marxism] Tristram Hunt on Engels

Waistline2 at aol.com Waistline2 at aol.com
Sat Apr 25 14:10:32 MDT 2009

In a message dated 4/25/2009 8:49:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
farmelantj at juno.com  writes:

http://www.historytoday.com/MainArticle.aspx?m=33301&amid=30279138

Comment

Thanks.

Absolutely stunning.

Somewhere in Anti-Durhing . . . a passage I can never find when I want to
locate it, Engels describes the trajectory of the law of value and its
residual  aftermath in the administration of things. Somewhere in Marx, he speaks
of this  discovery belonging to Engels. Engels in turn mentions how Marx
charted the  specifics of the law system peculiar to the value relation, as it
is  emerges as a law system and is reshaped under bourgeois production and
under  what conditions the law of law reaches its irresolvable crisis or
historical  limitation. .

As this article mentions, Engels editing of Vol. III Capital has been a
source of theory pain for students of Marx.

Great article worthy of permanent preservation of several Marxists list.

WL.

**************Check all of your email inboxes from anywhere on the web.
Try the new Email Toolbar now!
(http://toolbar.aol.com/mail/download.html?ncid=txtlnkusdown00000027)