[Marxism] Will Obama Reboot Capitalism Anew?

Joaquin Bustelo jbustelo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 23:49:41 MDT 2009

Will Obama Reboot Capitalism Anew?
by Thom Hartmann

This article sent to us starts by saying: "Over six million people are now
out of work, and unemployment figures released today show that now-record
number is continuing to climb."

In the interests of elementary hygiene, let me point out the author seems to
be quite lost. The "over six million people" figure, which came out
Thursday, is NOT the number of unemployed. It is the number receiving
unemployment insurance payments. A very different thing.

The official number of unemployed was 13.2 million as of March, more than
DOUBLE the figure offered by our hapless author, and as certainly most
people on this list understand, a very substantial undercount

And his "analysis" is no better: "One can only hope that - like the Obama
reversal on the possibility of prosecution of Bush war criminals - our new
president will change course and take us back to a 'Made in the USA'
economy."

Complete faith in the Democrats coupled with a completely reactionary
protectionist program. Just the sort of claptrap one would expect from
"commondreams.org"

Joaquin