[Marxism] [GreenLeft_discussion] Who are the Tamil Tigers

Sukla Sen sukla.sen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 23:59:04 MDT 2009

QuoteThe LTTE has sometimes responded to SLA atrocities by carrying
out atrocities of its own, including massacres of Sinhalese civilians. The
LTTE has at various times carried out bombing campaigns in Colombo and
elsewhere in the south.
Unquote

That's a gross understatement.
The LTTE has not only carried out killings of Sinhala civilians, it has also
with utmost brutality physically liquidated all other Tamil groups -
militants and non-militants - and dissenting individuals including
well-known human rights activists.
It also carried out its own ethnic cleansing against Tamil Muslims in the
East.
Even today, it is widely alleged that Tamil civilians in huge numbers are
held captives as human shields against the brutal onslaughts of the Sri
Lankan Army.

It's a tragedy of the highest proportion.

Sukla