[Marxism] World Health Organization: "What, me worry?"

Joaquin Bustelo jbustelo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 18:56:12 MDT 2009

Jim: "they are gambling that the swine flu epidemic will turn out not to be
such a big deal as far as the US is concerned, regardless of what the
consequences might be for Mexico."

Yes, the only thing I would add is to make explicit what you imply, which is
that it is a north-south matter, i.e., not serious for US or Europe or
Japan, very devastating for working/poor people in Mexico, Costa Rica,
Colombia, etc..

It is an extremely foolish/dangerous bet. Viruses don't know how to read net
worth statements, nor are they fine-tuned socialized to
racial/national/gender/class differentiations.

Joaquin