[Marxism] specter switches parties

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:33:52 MDT 2009

>Seems to me political conditions are maturing for a serious left/communist  body politic in America

Well, it's happening in Japan, or so says the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/27/japanese-communist-party-resurgence

				Disgruntled Japanese turn to resurgent communists

		  					Web-savvy Japanese Communist party's message of welfare and jobs lures young voters away from sleazed-mired political mainstream.

			Faced with an
economy in steep decline, rising unemployment and an uncertain future,
a growing number of Japanese are shunning the conservative consensus
and turning instead to a new brand of cuddly communism.
While the leaders of Japan's
two main political parties battle poor opinion poll ratings and
accusations of sleaze, the Japanese Communist party (JCP) has seen its
fortunes transformed after years of being dismissed as an irrelevant
hangover from the cold war.
In the last 16 months membership has
soared to more than 410,000 as the revamped party courts younger voters
from the working poor.

Eli Stephens
 Left I on the News
 http://lefti.blogspot.com