[Marxism] Krystian Zimeran: Pianist won't play again in the US

Patrick Bond pbond at mail.ngo.za
Wed Apr 29 12:58:14 MDT 2009

Andrew Pollack wrote:
> One of many radicalizing incidents from my youth...
> Andy P.

One of mine was talking about Polish politics in June 1982 over
bratwurst and warm beer with a man who'd just a few minutes earlier
recorded the Bach Chaconne for Deutche Grammofone in central Munich,
where I was playing the same piece on a classical guitar as a busker. He
said my version was ok, which it wasn't. But he knew his politics, which
were clearly left, though he still thought Solidarnosc had a good chance
as a workers' movement. I was only in touch a bit with him later, but
it's great to see Krystian's politics didn't water down notwithstanding
all the glory he justifiably gets from the music establishment.