[Marxism] Benevolent Islam and the Slave Trade

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 30 08:14:20 MDT 2009

And I agree mostly with what David says, except... that part of the
relatively "short run" of the Atlantic slave trade-- 1510- beyond the 1807
official date, as the trade persisted, in lesser volume, through the middle
of the 19th century.

Not too short.  And in intensity, nothing compares-- with 11-15 million
captured, stolen, enslaved, and exported.... and in mortality rates, and not
just in the middle passage, from being worked to death  in the 16th, 17th,
18th centuries.

The use of slaves, and the trade of slaves existed in Moslem cultures.
Nobody denies or justifies that.  But such slaves were not considered to be
nor treated  as chattel property.

And that bloke is Cloke, not Choke, or as Craig refers to him.... oh, never
mind.