[Marxism] On the character of the 1930s

Néstor Gorojovsky nmgoro at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 16:13:42 MDT 2009

Fitch: "It seems like the collapse of the economy is bringing back the
1930s.  Nobel prize winner Paul Krugman says depression economics is
back.  And we're encouraged to think of our leaders in terms of
avatars from that decade.  Who's FDR?  Who's Hoover?  FDR talked about
a generation that had a rendezvous with destiny.  What's ours?  I hope
it's not to repeat the mistakes of the Left in what was, in W.H.
Auden's words, "a low dishonest decade.""

In Argentina, the age is known as "The Infamous Decade". It was thus
Christened by a local nationalist, José Luis Torres.

And the name stood firm.

--

Néstor Gorojovsky
El texto principal de este correo puede no ser de mi autoría