[Marxism] reminder again to clip text before sending

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Mar 1 15:45:36 MST 2009

Les Schaffer wrote:
> a good rule of thumb is to clip text first, before writing any reply.
> otherwise, you get involved in your email and forget there is 12 kB of
> extraneous text attached at the bottom.
>
> the best results we've had so far is to put people on moderation until
> they remember to clip that quoted text. i'll keep doing that.

Just a reminder why this is important. Primarily, it is to reduce
bandwidth for people using dial-up connections. Remember that we have a
subscriber in Cuba. We also have subscribers in South Africa where
dial-up is typical.

Also, we don't want to get in the bad habit of sending along text from
13 early replies. This is not only an eyesore, it also smacks of Menshevism.