[Marxism] Is Cuba really turning to GM crops?

Shok Teenik teenik at kolumbus.fi
Mon Mar 2 07:49:01 MST 2009

sabocat59 at mac.com kirjoitti:
> Fact is there is nothing mystical about energy. Can you say PHYSICS?

Fact is your definition of "energy" seems to be incompatible with
physics as you claim organic food alone has some type of "energetic
vitality" missing in other types of food, which you label "energetically
dead". This is mystical thinking or, at best, a misuse of the word energy.

I'm not claiming processed food is better than organic, in fact I'm all
for organic farming, but justifying this with "energies" that cannot be
quantified instead of actual nutritional, economical and moral
considerations is highly counterproductive.
> It would not seem incongruent to those of us aware of the energy flowing through our bodies to seek explanation in current understanding of sub atomic reality
The energy we get from food is extracted on the molecular level, orders
of magnitude larger than sub-atomic particles. What mechanism are you
suggesting to link these two? Which sub-atomic particles are you talking
about? And how can one possibly "refine their sensory apparatus" to
detect them? (I bet many physicists would be very grateful for this
skill; they could just stop building those multi-million dollar particle
detectors.)

Regards,
- Shok Teenik