[Marxism] Afghanistan

Ruthless Critic of All that Exists ok.president+nbsy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 09:10:42 MST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:19 AM,  <Jscotlive at aol.com> wrote:

> I have plenty of evidence that Afghanistan has been bombed and invaded in
> order to get a pipeline through the country from the Caspian Sea

Out of curiosity: you were saying earlier that the Soviets weren't
imperialists and didn't stand to gain from invading Afghanistan, were
there just to help, etc.

Why do you think that the same strategic objective ("getting a
pipeline through the country from the Caspian Sea") was not a factor
in Soviet strategic thinking and a reason for their interest in
Afghanistan?