[Marxism] Eight Theses on the Economic Crisis

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 3 14:43:55 MST 2009

Holy smoke, Batman,  how much time do I get to answer all those questions?
Don't you think if I knew the answer to all that  I'd be rich and
good-looking instead of just good-looking?

Seriously,  this is going to take some time.  I don't know about 2004-2006
being the time of their, the bourgeoisie's, life, but I certainly think we
have to look at what the tremendous price inflation in oil did to the rest
of the economy, the function it played in "steering" profit to the oil
majors, and I think that price inflation was the sort of culmination to
overproduction,  an attempt to offset the decline in rate of return.

Can I link all these facets to one "unified force theory of the capitalist
universe"?   Geez, I don't know.  I can't even find out how much cash IBM
has socked away in Europe and Asia.

Michaels L &P,  D OC, Matt Russo, John, Imani, Waistline, Paul Flewers,
Steve Palmer,  Shane, Jim Farmelant.. anybody care to take a crack at this?