[Marxism] Cuban government changes and imperialist and other speculations

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Mar 4 15:11:58 MST 2009

On Mar 4, 2009, at 4:02 PM, Fred Feldman wrote:

> ...Those who know nothing, the category we are all in, are stuck
> with knowing nothing...This conception is really in the, to state my
> own opinion, Maoist style which has been alien to the Cuban
> revolution and the Castro leadership style from the beginning.

What can be more characteristic of "the Maoist [cold Stalinist]
style"  than to make important leadership changes behind closed doors,
without any discussion among ordinary workers, peasants, citizens--or
even party members--and then to announce them with only the vaguest
boilerplate rationale and no comment at all from the people negatively
affected but with slanderous suggestions of some sort of corruption
from the superannuated supreme leader himself!!  Fred truly "knows
nothing" if he thinks this "style" of leadership has been anything but
characteristic of the Fidelista variant of Stalinism since the very
beginning of his regime.

It is truly saddening that at this crucial juncture the Cuban
revolution is being entrusted to its Gamelins and Weygands while its
deGaulles and Leclercs are being fired.

Shane Mage