[Marxism] “Cast aside illusions!” Crisis deepens

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 18:42:42 MST 2009

Thanks for posting this. As is well known I struggle with Marxist economics
and I think I might be a closet underconsumptionist or something.  I
remember Tom O'Lincoln shaking his head sadly at something I once said on
the economcy and remarking that the crisis (mild then compared to now) was
caused by the tendency of the rate of profit to fall.

But my questions have to do with thiese sentences:

"A new system of social control over finance, production and distribution is
already forming.  Will the new system be shaped to the benefit of the
billionaire ruling class or to the benefit of the mass of people? "

If it benefits the few how will it be new?
 & If the 'new" system benefits the few how will it solve the crisis?

regards

Gary