[Marxism] Facebook

Erik Carlos Toren ectoren at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 6 21:12:20 MST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Louis Proyect" <lnp3 at panix.com>

> I was only saying that just because something is free, it is not
> necessarily crappy.

OK. My bad. It's a free social network service that it's pretty good for
what it does.

> Nobody I know is using MySpace, but I get about an invitation a day to
> join some Facebook group. Hi5, I never heard of.

I don't think there are many folks of your generation in MySpace. Hell, even
my generation (Xgeners) are mostly in Facebook. MySpace is mostly teens and
early 20's.

Hi5 is one of the top social network sites popular among my pips. It's
probably in the top 5 as in subscribers.

Here is a good list of sites:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_social_networking_websites

Erik